Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DIY Segment: It's 11:00 pm - do you know where your husband is...?

I'll tell you where mine wasn't tonight...home. Fixing stuff.

At 11:00 pm on a Wednesday, my husband was on a play date over at his friend, Clint the Bachelor's house. Clint recently bought a ping pong table and set it up in what should be his formal dining room. Good for him. Of course - Mr. News Readin' is totally envious of this quote "killer" set-up. So, he's spent the evening over there soaking up as much as beer drinking and ping pong he can manage on a school night.

Normally, I could care less about him drinking beer with his buddies. Not today.

Today I arrived home to find the top of our toilet tank in the middle of the bathroom floor, surrounded by our good towels. I'm no plumber - but this did not look like a good thing.

He told me that this morning he had been fiddling with something and a geyser of toilet water starting spraying everywhere. According to my brother - it's a quick fix with a $20 kit from Lowe's. Great!

So explain to me, oh love of my life, why your little self was pretending to be the Jan-Ove Waldner (Swedish Ping Pong Champion) of City K instead of fixing our toilet?

His response:
"I'm just going to call our guy tomorrow."

Let's get one thing straight dear - he is your guy. You helped pay for his pontoon boat. Your guy.
This go round - if he starts talking about the house he's building in Aspen, I will freak out. On the both of you. Consider yourself warned.


Yours with fingers crossed but absolutely no faith in having a working toilet by the weekend,
Mrs. News Readin'


Stay tuned. More at 11.

3 comments:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

The good towels too?!? Of course.

Sending you good wishes of happy plumbing asap,
LBM

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Oh you are too funny!! Poor Mr. News Readin'- it was a tough decision... hmmm... beer pong or fixing the toilet.

And your brother is really earning his keep! Although don't be tempted to go all "Cathy Bates: Misery" on your brother... not allowing him to leave.

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Oh no he di'int! Could you please film the freak out {or at least provide us with a script} should it occur? I could use a few pointers on how to effectively and appropriately freak out on the husband...