Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Make new friends, but keep the old

The Vodka Fairy and I go wayyy back.

She is unequivocally my Madame of liquor...VF knows what I like and how I like it. Bottom line - she made seven months on the Atkins Diet, pre-big white dress, bearable. (Surviving on chicken salad and cheese was not as easy as I thought it was going to be...but damn I looked skinny for the pictures.)

Bumped into VF recently at a friend's tailgate. She pulled me aside and said,"You've got to meet my new friend...tall, dark and Southern."

Jack Daniels? George Dickel? Johnnie Walker?

"No- no, my dear. This one's young and different."

Oh, and was she right.

One sip and I said, "Lead the way home, honey."

Meet my new friend:


Just another reason why I love the South... and the Vodka Fairy.

Needless to say, we partied like it was NYC 2002 and I was wearing chandelier earrings. Pure magic.

If you're looking for own sip of tall, dark and Southern click here.

Cheers!

Mrs. News Readin'

1 comment:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

The VF and I go way back as well, but I keep hearing good things about this new tall, dark Southerner. Thanks for the tip.