Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gifting Simply

Gift giving is an art form and for me, one of my favorite things to do. I love giving gifts that people might not think to buy themselves. And I would really prefer to spend the money on something that will not be outgrown or find its way to a Junior League Bag-A-Bargain Sale. So the answer to that...make it personal and unique to that individual.

Which is why I L-O-V-E Simply Silhouettes. They have completely modernized the centuries old practice of silhouetting and made it fresh with cute colors and thoughtful applications.

I had seen their melamine plates in stationery stores, but had no idea that their website had such a wide array of great gifts!

How cute would this throw pillow be for a big girl bed or even a parent or grandparent:



(Image courtesy of Simply Silhouettes)



This canvas would make for a fun gift for Mr. News Readin's godson:



(Image courtesy of Simply Silhouettes)



Another wall decoration...Putter would look so chic in black and white:

(Image courtesy of Simply Silhouettes)

This mousepad would be a great addition to any desk:

(Image courtesy of Simply Silhouettes)


These cards are a nice alternative to the standard Christmas picture card:





(Images courtesy of Simply Silhouettes)


They also had a silhouette on their site of a man and a woman kissing in a heart, which I think could be darling as a Save the Date or thank you note.

Their site offers lots of different options, but it does take about a month for some items. If you are thinking about Christmas gifts like I am, better get to shopping!

3 comments:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Love their site but I must admit I thought their "My First Silouette" (a silouette from the sonogram picture) was a joke...

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Love it! I found another great silhouette site recently - will have to dig up the "People" issue and post if I can find it.

cornnut32 said...

what a great idea! i'm a sucker for things that are classic and simple. my parents had silhouettes done at disneyland when i was a kid and i loved it so much i did it just a few years ago with my hubby.