Saturday, September 13, 2008

Summers in Northern Michigan?


Dear Kid Rock,

I'm sure summers in Northern Michigan were awesome. I'm sure you hooked up with a lot of morally lenient girls, smoked a bunch of pot and drank gallons of Jack Daniels.

But did you have to write a song about it?

Frankly Kid, All Summer Long is well...lame. And might I add - super embarrassing for Lynard Skynard. Dragging the anthem of Southern Rock, Sweet Home Alabama down with you?

Not cool. Not cool, at all.

To make matters worse, it's Top 40 and on the radio ALL THE TIME.

Is that bad ass rockin'? No my friend, it is most definitely NOT bad ass rockin'.

Go get yourself a new track suit or even just spruce up an old wife beater, find a nice exotic dancer to keep you company on the tour bus and let's put this behind us. Okay?

Thanks, man.

Mrs. News Readin'

5 comments:

Maddness of Me said...

Oh no. That song is on the radio there? I live in Michigan and that song is a total embarassment. I was under the impression we were the only people who had to suffer through it. If it is on everywhere, then I am mortified.

Ugh.

Preppy Napkin said...

You mean you don't like that song?? I just put it on my Ipod. He is soo hot-maybe back in the 80's??? Just kidding-thanks for the laugh!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Oy vey.

mamacita said...

Get outta my head, Mrs. News. I was just talking about that with my friend today. One summer spent with Kid Rock would require another year of Clorox showers to recuperate.

News Readin' Wife said...

Ohhh...Mamacita. You have no idea.
Let's just say I've met Kid Rock - up, close and way too personal. My man could definitely give you something that even bleach couldn't match.