Friday, January 9, 2009

Doppelgänger Alert: Barbara and Barry

It's Friday, so I'm going to keep it light.

Last night I had a nightmare that Barry Manilow was going to perform at my Game Night gathering. (For Mr. News Readin' this would have been a dream...I'm convinced he wishes my name were Mandy.)

For some strange reason, I kept calling him Barbara. Finally fed up, he screamed, "I'm not Barbara Walters!!"

What?!

Barry stormed out in all his merlot-colored velvet sportcoat glory, without signing my coveted CopaCabana t-shirt. Bastard. (True story - I attended another school's prom at the Copa. Jealous? Thought so.)

I woke up thinking - "I have got to stop eating Thai food so close to bedtime."
The second thought was, "Barry and Barbara? So, that's how they got him on the View."





What say you?

Mr. NR was totally offended, as he loves Barry and despises Barbara.


More at 11.

2 comments:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Um, so a certain someone may have been named after a Barry Manilow song. Thankyouverymuch, Mom and Dad - but at least Mr. News Readin might approve. Thanks for the laugh, in any event.

Happy weekend!

The Pink Clutch said...

Left you a happy on my blog ...