Sunday, January 18, 2009

Taco Night Goes Glam

Every night we embark on a culinary adventure at the News Readin' household - chicken, salmon or Mexican. We are well acquainted with Old El Paso meal kits around these parts. (It is one thing that I have gained in marriage that I could easily live without.)

Mr. News Readin' is especially fond of the Gordita kit. It includes a sauce that is a color beyond nature, that tastes like a blend of ranch dressing and queso dip. Mmm...yum. I can feel myself retaining water as I type this.

Nothing beats his big grin when he realizes that shredded cheese can be incorporated into his dinner. Ahhh...the things we do for love.

Taco night or heartburn that comes in a little yellow box night, would be much more tolerable if we dined on these:


Olé! Peacock Eye placemats. (Also available in green.)

From Vivre. On sale.


More at 11.

1 comment:

GrannySmithGreen said...

Ouch! Hope it wasn't too bad. Like you said, the things we do for love.

By the way, guess what I had for lunch yesterday--Mexican!