Saturday, November 15, 2008

Campaign trail ends in a cabbage patch

This is old news- but I just heard about the Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin Cabbage Patch dolls that were auctioned off on eBay, to benefit Marine Toys for Tots program.

Presidential Candidate Cabbage Patch Kids? Is that what kids are asking Santa for this Christmas?

Probably not. These things only appeal to weird adults, who probably have an impressive Beanie Baby collection. But I digress...

Palin, complete with glasses and sausage legs stuffed into little black pumps, seemed to draw the most bidding action. And why not? She comes with a $150,000 wardrobe - according to all the anonymous wardrobe spies. (Take that Barbie.) Seems like a good deal at nearly $10,000.


Do you think she has a typical Cabbage Patch middle name, like Esmeralda, Ertha or Ailene?

The President-elect Obama doll, was a close second - with over $3,000 in bids.




Cue the Debbie Downer music...poor McCain and Biden, seemed definitely less cuddly. Biden didn't even fetch $1,000.

Back in the day, I would have given every sticker in my prized album for a Cabbage Patch Kid.
Not sure if I would have wanted this Sarah...she may have wanted to use my Koosa for a rug or worse - chili.



We now return to your regularly scheduled program.

1 comment:

Toad said...

Did I hear that one bidder got all 4 dolls?

I love your blog. I'll linger a bit in a couple of days.