Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sneak Peek

On Thursday night I had the opportunity to attend a screening of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. (Thanks Paramount!)


Based on the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Benjamin Button (Brad Pitt) is born as an old man and lives his life in reverse - physically.



Set in New Orleans following World War I, it is chocked-full of sugary, sultry Louisiana moments. Mmmm...divine.

Cate Blanchett might be one of the most stunning women in film today. I was mesmerized every time she appeared on screen.


But, Tilda Swinton stole the movie (for me) in a 1940's black gown with fur stole - swilling vodka and savoring caviar. It gave me chills.

It was totally engrossing for nearly three hours. I laughed - I cried...and Mr. Pitt did not disappoint. I'm calling it now...Oscar nomination.

See the trailer here.

2 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I really can't stand Brad Pitt but I love 1940s period movies. So I might have to suffer through mr. pitt to enjoy it :)

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Brad Pitt doesn't do it for me but I think the movie looks great!

Now, about the wedding video.

Yikes.