Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tan-tastic

Ahhh...winter. Nothing we love more than the shroud of darkness falling before Jeopardy airs and being so pale we could glow in the dark. Throw in dry skin and it's a damn party.

In as much as I would love to trot over to the local Electric Maldives (tanning salon) for a little color, I would prefer to not look like the alligator bag I am desperate for by the ripe old age of 35.

The alternatives, by and large, leave you orange-y and oompa loompa looking. Unless you are working in a magical chocolate factory - or are the corporate face for said magical chocolate factory, orange-y skin - not so much.

Imagine my joy when after courting many a bronzer (Guerlain, Trish McEvoy, Benefit, Aveda...you get the picture) I found one that is ...gasp...natural looking.

Because I am kind and generous - or at least today - I'll share my weapon of choice to banish winter pastiness:

(image courtesy of Sephora.com)

Word to the wise...it can be a little sparkly. Which for a girl with gypsy blood - like yours truly - is a plus. It also means the other member of the News Readin' household, who is equally concerned with pastiness, is less likely to swipe it while I'm not looking for a "Special Assignment."

From the bronzed trenches,

Mrs. News Readin'

4 comments:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Lovely - Miss Pasty here is always on the lookout for a believable way to fake the tan. Would you say this compares with the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, my current bronzer of choice?

Oh, to have both the alligator bag AND a way to visit the Electric Maldives without resembling the former. Sigh.

Capegirl said...

We here in the Northeast could certainly use that little helper. Thanks for the tip.

News Readin' Wife said...

Capegirl,
I feel your pain. Twenty+ years of my life spent in full-blown pastiness.
Keep your chin up.
Mrs. News Readin'

GrannySmithGreen said...

Humm, do you think Brian Williams uses this one?